Primalogik can integrate with ADP Workforce Now® to enable user provisioning from ADP to Primalogik, as well as automatic user synchronization and Single Sign-On (SSO).
Setting up the Primalogik Connector
If you signed up for Primalogik through the ADP Marketplace, the integration will already be setup for you, so you can skip this section. However, if you are already a client of both Primalogik and ADP Workforce Now and you want to connect both applications, you need to perform the following steps to enable the Primalogik Connector for ADP Workforce Now. These steps must be done by a user with administrative privileges in both Primalogik and ADP.
- Log in to Primalogik and go to Settings > Manage Account > Integrations.
- Click on the Configure button next to "ADP Workforce Now".
- Click on the link for your country, either the "US Marketplace" or the "Canadian Marketplace". This will open a new tab and bring you to the ADP Marketplace. Don't close your Primalogik tab yet as you will need to come back to it later.
- In the ADP Marketplace page, click on the "Buy Now" button near the top of the page.
- At this point, ADP may ask you to log in, if you are not already signed in.
- Select the edition matching the number of users in your organization and click Continue.
- On the ADP Product Settings screen, you should see a field called "Primalogik Organization UUID". You will need to copy the value from Primalogik to this field. To do so go back to the Primalogik tab and click the Copy button to the right of the field "Primalogik organization UUID". This will copy the UUID to your clipboard.
- In the ADP Product Settings screen, paste that UUID value into the "Primalogik Organization UUID" field and click Check, then click Continue.
- Complete the buying process by following the instructions on screen.
Testing the integration
To verify that the integration is working correctly, log in to Primalogik and got to Settings > Manage Account > Integrations. Click on the Edit button next to "ADP Workforce Now". In this page, you can set whether the integration is in manual mode or in automatic mode. By default, the integration will be in manual mode and set to "Manually import/update users from ADP".
When in manual mode, you can choose which users get imported from ADP to Primalogik. You can also choose when to manually update the existing users. In this mode however, it will not keep the users automatically synchronized, meaning that if some change is made to a user in ADP, that change will not be reflected in Primalogik until you manually synchronize the user again. Manual mode is useful for initial testing and also for troubleshooting the integration, as it provides feedback about what is going on and any error that occurs.
To test the integration in manual mode, click on the "Select Users" link. At this point, Primalogik will try to connect to ADP and retrieve the list of all users. This can take some time if there are many users in your organization. Once it is done loading, you should be presented with a list of users to import or update. For testing purpose, select one or two users and click "Import Selected Users". You can then go to the Manage Users page to confirm that the users have indeed been imported.
Automatically import/update users from ADP
Once you have verified that the integration is working correctly, you can set the integration to automatically import and synchronize users from ADP to Primalogik. This is called the "automatic mode". When this mode is enabled, the changes made to the users in ADP will be automatically reflected in Primalogik (there could be a 15 minutes delay). In addition, new users created in ADP will be automatically created in Primalogik.
To enable the automatic mode, log in to Primalogik and got to Settings > Manage Account > Integrations, and click on the Edit button next to "ADP Workforce Now". In the Synchronization section, select the option "Automatically import/update users from ADP" and click Save. It will immediately start synchronizing users in the background. This can take some time if you have many users in your organization, so give it a good 10 to 15 minutes to run.